Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Come on Get Happy with Pj Schott


Come on Get Happy!

It is the first wonderful Wednesday of the month, and all you perfect Princess with a Pen peeps know what percolating, right?  It means the wonderful Pj is here!  Pj Schott has lived in several U.S. port cities, Europe, Greece, and the Middle East. A marketing professional, mystery writer, and futurist, Pj is known to those with whom she works as a problem-solver, an innovative thinker, a top-notch communicator, a visionary, and the soul of a group. She is the owner of the Boston, Massachusetts based company GENIUS and is the woman behind the new Facebook page and blog, Survival for Blondes, where Pj is entirely surrounded by imagined disasters and learns to rise above. 


Happiness is a Choice

“I don’t feel very much like Pooh today," said Pooh.

"There there," said Piglet. "I’ll bring you tea and honey until you do.”

-- A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh



Universal Law teaches us that nothing outside of ourselves can determine our happiness, and that we must take responsibility for everything in our lives. We might wait forever for our stars to align, for that lucky break, for the perfect person. So what do we do in the meantime?

How does one choose happiness? (And yes, this falls into the category of Simple, Not Easy.) Rather than wait for circumstances to change, we can decide to look at things differently. To see the good in every situation, no matter how awful it seems at the time. The tragedy that brought the right people together. The delay that proved beneficial. The failure that put us on our true path.

Pooh was a master of the art of changing one's attitude to one of gratitude. If he had to make a list, the following would probably be on it.

Count your blessings
Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.
Here's where the little things can turn into something huge. Whenever you feel unhappy, take a few moments and jot down some of the things for which you are thankful. I have food to eat, a job, somewhere to live. The sun is shining. I am healthy. I have close friends and family. What we take for granted, most of the world will never have in their lifetime.

See the big picture
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
It is easier to obsess over details than to tackle a big project. And sometimes working on small things can give us a sense of accomplishment. But when the small stuff starts to run amok, take two steps back, change direction, and take one small toward your dream.

Take control of what you can
The hardest part is what to leave behind, ... It's time to let go!
It's so easy to get into a rut. Routines and rituals can be comforting, but when you feel overwhelmed by your obligations, ask yourself what you could do to change the situation. And get out of your comfort zone if that's what it takes.

Change someone's life with a smile
A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
Fake it 'til you make it. No matter how you feel, greet everyone you meet (within reason, of course) with the biggest, brightest smile you can muster. Smile as if your life depended on it. You have no idea what kind of burden other folks are carrying. You could turn their whole day around with your smile, Mary Tyler Moore. Now notice the effect it had on yours.

Move
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.
Good music is the only thing that motivates me to move, so Dance is my exercise of choice. No matter what kind of day you've had, an hour of Salsa dancing (or Zumba or Tango or Pole or anything you do to good music) will make you forget it all (you can't dance and think at the same time) and the movement will make you feel on top of the world.

Have a Zen day
Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
Work is good. Goals are fine. But once in a while, for the sake of your Mental Health, you just have to thrown in the proverbial towel and follow the energy. What is your body asking for? A day in bed? A trip to a museum? Lunch with your besties? Anything you do just for the sake of doing it is also good for the Soul.

Can I get an amen?!  Pj, thank you for spending time with us and also for reminding us to be thankful, thoughtful, and restful while we wait for answers, the lucky star to shine, or for our goals to be met.  You all know how coolio Pj is.  She’s continuing to gift readers with a little Pooh Bear for the soul.  One lucky reader will win…

Click here for details at Amazon


Here’s the product info from Amazon:
“Walt Disney Animation Studios proudly presents the wonderful new adventure, Winnie the Pooh. Return to the Hundred Acre Wood for a heartwarming original movie, and reunite with the beloved bear and his silly but steadfast friends for a magical family experience. When sad old Eeyore loses his tail, Owl sends the whole gang -- Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Kanga and Roo -- on a wild journey to help Eeyore and save Christopher Robin from the mysterious Bakson. Inspired by five stories from A.A. Milne's books and created in Disney's legendary hand-drawn style, this all-new classic introduces one of the world's most cherished characters to a whole new generation. Narrated by John Cleese and bursting with brand-new songs performed by Zooey Deschanel, this wonderfully whimsical film is a must-own for every family's movie collection.

All you need to do is tell us your recipe for happiness.  You never know, maybe your words of encouragement may be just the words someone else needs to hear.

RULES: *Contest will run Feb. 6-13 at NOON EST.
       *You must leave your email to be eligible to win, so please, please do not forget      because I so, so want you all to have a shot at winning!
      *GOOD LUCK!

Bless and be blessed,
Pj & Jen
XOXO
             

18 comments:

  1. Just in time for Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stop by and share the Pooh Bear-like love in your heart. XOXO

      Delete
  2. I loved this! Thank you, Pj and Jen. We get so caught up in our endless to-do lists and goals that we forget to stop, smile and take a break. We really do need to be thankful and every once in a while, get off our butts and dance. Or crawl under the covers. Now, I'm going to do a little booty shake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, recipe for happiness.

    Two scoops of delicious ice cream
    One remote
    Two adorable kitties nestled by my side
    One flower blanket
    A laptop and Bravo television

    On days I don't have the ability to stay at home I look at my sticker wall at work and it exudes happiness even when I can't.

    My little friend from work LOVED the first one she got her hands on. If I was able to grace her with another Pooh story her mother would be forever grateful to not have to listen to the current one on repeat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had me at ice cream. I love you, JJ. Thanks for stopping by XOXO

      Delete
  4. Recipe for happiness? Acknowledge that our frustrations, hard work, and disappointments are valuable, because without them, we wouldn't be fully human or truly alive.
    More importantly, I wanted to thank you two for a wonderful way to start my Monday. I can't imagine how much our world would change for the better if we could implement even one of the above suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEGGIE! I'm so glad you stopped by. I'm here for you Monday-Monday, 24/7. Well... that 24/7 thing might be taking it a little far. No one wants Jen Jen at 2AM. XOXO

      Delete
  5. What a wonderfully inspiring post, PJ and Jen! I have a chronic illness, so it's not always easy to stay positive. But Oprah said something on her show years ago that really stuck with me. She said when you wake up every day, you should thank God that you're alive and you should thank your body for all it does right for you (rather than the ways it fails you - Oprah was talking about her weight, for me it's my diabetes.) So, for years now, the first thought I think every day when I open my eyes is, "I'm alive and I'm lucky. I can walk, I can see, I can breathe, and I appreciate all of that." It just really helps to start your day with thinking of things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracie, I love that you found inspiration and solace in what O shared about her own gratitude. I know we've talked before about oh chronic pain affects us both, and I want you to know how proud I am of you. You keep on keeping on, Georgia Peach! XOXO

      Delete
  6. Wow ...just pure wow! I smiled throughout reading this wonderful inspiration. My recipe first starts with clearing my mind of all the crud that brings me down ...meditate to titillate! Second, I look in the mirror first thing when I wake up, even though I want to avoid it. I don't pay attention to my bedhead, my lack of make up and droopy eyelids ...I look within and remind myself how utterly unique I am. There will never be another one like me (some cheer at that thought). I smile at myself and who cares if I forgot the whitestrips the night before. Lastly, I thank God for waking me up and giving me another day to make a difference. Life is full of problems, I choose to be part of the solution in whatever way I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi my little Bee! Happy Valentine's Day to you, and thank you for stopping by. I love that saying, "Meditate to titillate!" I'm taking that to heart XOXO

      Delete
    2. Use it whenever you can, Jen! Xo

      Delete
  7. My daily recipe is to wake up to each new sunrise, give thanks, follow my bliss of being a writer, give thanks, have a bit of chocolate, give thanks, drink plenty of water, give thanks, get outside, give thanks, notice and acknowledge something beautiful (no matter how small), give thanks, laugh, give thanks, as my head hits the pillow for the night I give thanks again. I'm truly grateful for every moment I have in life to ponder (I love to ponder, like Pooh), and I find the more I give thanks, the more I have to be thankful for. lisa at lisajjackson dot com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! Thank you for stopping by and spending time with us. I think you and I are birds of a feather. I'm so thankful for the air in my lungs, my fingers that can still tickle the keyboard, and the blessings, big or small, that come my way. Happy Valentine's Day to you XOXO

      Delete
  8. My recipe for happiness? Just counting all the incredible blessings I have in life. <3 Simple as that.

    missmichb(@)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MICHE! I love you, you perky little valentine. Thanks for stopping by and remembering to count the blessings. XOXO

      Delete
  9. Hello everyone! It's my Valentine's Day pleasure to announce our winner! CONGRATULATIONS to Bee Happy! You're the winner of Pj's fab give away! *Jen throws confetti* I'll be emailing you shortly to connect you with Pj. Thank you to all who stopped by and entered to win XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Bee Happee is happy on this Valentine's Day! Thank you so much. And, I love the confetti throwing ...you rock! xoxo

      Delete